To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Slow file sharing performance
From: Allan Latham <alatham,AT,flexsys-group,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:42:07 +0200

Hi Peter

would you like to enighten me on this - I can't see how this applies.

what happens is that when run over the cipe link there appears to be no
actual
data transfer. The laptop sends an icmp - port unreachable - for the smb
dgram port. This does get back to the file server.

I think this is a samba set up problem but I don't know enough about samba.
We
use it - but only on local lans - remote is just too slow fo practical use.

Best regards

Allan