To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Automatic ruleset generation with CIPE
From: "Hans Steegers" <hsx,AT,dds,DOT,nl>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:04:03 +0200

Jan Frederik,

CIPE executes an if-up script when it comes up and an if-down
script when it goes down (if specified in the options file).

The following is available in the script
# Arguments:
#  $1 interface     the CIPE interface
#  $2 myaddr        our UDP address
#  $3 daemon-pid    the daemon's process ID
#  $4 local         IP address of our CIPE device
#  $5 remote        IP address of the remote CIPE device
#  $6 arg           argument supplied via options

It is all described in the documentation. Sample scripts
are in the sample directory. You can export the values in
variables and use them in whatever-you-need-them-for.

Hans Steegers