To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Checklist (sub-thread of: "Slow file sharing performance: lostpidgeons")
From: Peter van den Heuvel <peter,AT,bank-connect,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:17:08 +0200

that's why I suggested not to use UDP protocol for VPN. UDP is slow with slow network connections and is extremely dependent of packet loss and ping time. I always get lower speeds with UDP rather than TCP/IP, on the same connection. FTP transfer is always ca 30-40% faster than UDP transfer (NFS or Cipe VPN), even on fibre cable connections. And I think there's nothing to do to make things better.

Nobody will blame you for making mistakes. But you've posted this nonsense before and various people on the list pointed out that it was plainly wrong in almost any aspect.

You're realy making an ass out of yourself and confusing others.

Peter