To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: CIPE behind Linksys routers...
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:32:16 -0400

James Knott wrote:
Chuck Hare wrote:

Has anyone put Lunix cipe boxes behind linksys routers before?
Is this as simple a poking a UDP hole thru the router and pointing it to the cipe?
Any input here would be much appreciated. I am in planning stages of an implementation.

I haven't with a Linksys router, but I did with my own firewall. I had to enable the appropriate udp port number. However, my cipe vpn was installed on the firewall, so I didn't have to worry about reaching another computer.

Further on this, I've been able to pass CIPE through an SMC router. I imagine the same could be done with a Linksys.