To: "Cegonha" <web,AT,cegonhatech,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Make CIPE Persistant
From: "Renato A. Q. Salles" <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:25:36 -0300 (BRT)
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Mr. Cegonha,

Not echoed here. I did make myself the test unumbered times and the CIPE
vpn link comes after minutes, hours and (for instance) 3 days after the
internet connection of the peer goes down and come up again.Sometimes the
ADSL link goes down (i made myself this test several times unpluging the
modem) and left the peer's searching for connection: once the internet
connection is re-stablished, the vpn link comes up again without a "human"
move. BTW, it's a good idea to have the "ping" parameter set on. The link
status is visible in the log.

Best regards,

RSalles