To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Missing messages
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:23:44 -0400

Do you know if there's a limit on message size? The text only message was fairly long, and the messages with the attached files might be somewhat longer. The files were plain text, with no extension in the filenames. I'll have to try sending them separately, to see if they get through.

Hans Steegers wrote:
Maybe, an attachment mailscanner is removing forbidden attachements.
I received the following file types via this mailing list, so they must be
allowed: .txt .dat .bz2 .log .asc .eml .patch

Do not use file extension associated with Microsoft, such as .doc, .xls,
etc.,
or with executables: .bat, .com, .exe, .pif, .scr, etc.

It happened before that a message (without attachement) mysteriously
disappeared.

I had noticed that earlier, with some other posts I made on another topic. Also, about the same time this was happening, I was missing messages from other mail lists, apparently because my ISP was blocking messages sent to several addresses as "spam". According to what someone else mentioned, they would classify a message as spam, if it was addressed to more than 35 subscribers.

tnx jk