To: "CIPE-list" <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Slow file sharing performance
From: "Hans Steegers" <hsx,AT,dds,DOT,nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:01:03 +0200

I think, James holds a record here: over 80 messages for a single problem,
and not even CIPE related: nmbd couldn't handle the interface/netmask and
needed it specified in it's configuration file (interface=).

If he had bothered to look in his log files in the first place, he would
have noticed the error message complaining about it and saved us all a lot
of time.

What still wonders me is what happened to his NFS problems? Quietly solved?

Hans Steegers