To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>, Hans Steegers <steegers,AT,steegers,DOT,nl>
Subject: Re: Slow file sharing performance
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:29:17 -0400

Hans Steegers wrote:
I think, James holds a record here: over 80 messages for a single problem,
and not even CIPE related: nmbd couldn't handle the interface/netmask and
needed it specified in it's configuration file (interface=).

If he had bothered to look in his log files in the first place, he would
have noticed the error message complaining about it and saved us all a lot
of time.

Perhaps, if I knew more about Samba, and hadn't been distracted by possible flow control issues.

What still wonders me is what happened to his NFS problems? Quietly solved?

No. NFS still doesn't work. I thought it best to focus on one issue at a time. Someone mentioned some NFS options, which I still have to investigate.

tnx for your help.