To: rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br,cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: CPU Usage CIPE-WIN32 Windows XP
From: bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:53:49 -0400

Renato,
Excellent ideas. I plan to test them as time permits.

Something that I'm wondering though, is if it is ok for me to use the
0.0.0.0 addresses in the config files. Below you recommend filling them in,
however in my roadwarrior scenario, the roadwarriors will connect from any
random internet IP Address. I assumed that to tell the  system this, I
should use the addrses 0.0.0.0 and activate dynip. Is this accurate?

--Brad
BMC Lansing
517-485-1732
800-877-1732

|         |           "Renato Salles"    |
|         |           <rsalles@rsnetservi|
|         |           ces.com.br>        |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           owner-cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,d|
|         |           e                  |
|         |           09/16/2003 01:11 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           rsalles            |

  |        cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
                                                          |
  |       cc:
                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: CPU Usage CIPE-WIN32 Windows XP

Hello, Brad,

bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com disse:

So, let's try to figure out what could be happen with those peers:

###########PEER ONE SKIPED#############
> ################
> # PEER TWO
> ################
> ptpaddr         192.168.5.103
> ipaddr          192.168.5.1
> me              0.0.0.0:1736
> peer            0.0.0.0:1737
# ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
# This is a cause of a loop between ports 1736 & 1737
# When you define 0.0.0.0 as peer, you difine your own address too.
# because 0.0.0.0 stays as "all addresses". Locally configured like
# that is OK, but as peer parameter is a call for problem.
# Use: FQDN:1737 or IP ADDRESS:1737
> key             00000000010000000002000000000322
> ping 10
> device cipcb2
# Why, how many cipcbx interfaces have you running at this moment?
# Why not cipcb0 if it's the first/unique interface?
> dynip 1
> maxerr=-1
######********#######
# Missing Parameters (i have here those configured and let's insert them
# just for a "doesn't hurt" procedure: it can be removed later if it has
# proved not necessary:
# ONBOOT parameter as "yes" or "no", define as you want, but use
# "ifconfig cipcbn up" to get the link running.
# USERCTL=no (this is the more common case).
# TYPE=CIPE ( it is RH tou're running isn't it?). As this is default, let
# as is.
# TUNNELDEV=ethx # In the case you have 2/more interfaces - optional.
#
######********#######

> ################
> # PEER THREE
> ################
>> Windows 2000:
> Local IP Address 0.0.0.0 port 1737

# Where is the "Local PTP address" parameter?
# This is the ip address of the VPN interface.
# You better fill this before continue.

> Peer IP Address my.outside.IP.addrses 1736
> Peer PTP Address 192.168.5.1
>> I'm using a 32-byte key, blowfish, and a 600 second timeout value.
# I hope is exactly the same as above in the "ket" parameter for peer 2

> </setup>

Try these corrections and let me know the results.

Best Regards,

RSalles

--
Renato Salles