To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: CPU Usage CIPE-WIN32 Windows XP
From: "Renato Salles" <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:32:57 -0300 (BRT)

bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com disse:

> Renato,
> Excellent ideas. I plan to test them as time permits.
>
> Something that I'm wondering though, is if it is ok for me to use the
> 0.0.0.0 addresses in the config files. Below you recommend filling them
> in,
> however in my roadwarrior scenario, the roadwarriors will connect from any
> random internet IP Address. I assumed that to tell the  system this, I
> should use the addrses 0.0.0.0 and activate dynip. Is this accurate?

I tell you what i use,a and this setup works like a charm.

In the case when i have roadwarriors running dynamic ip addreses and
connecting to a fixed ip address, i do:

Visit the www.no-ip.com website, fill the new computer parameters in the
no-ip client (ex.: peer2324.no-ip.com) and let the no-ip.com application
for M$Win starts at boot time (you can use dynip.com if you prefer). When
the client starts up, the new dynamic ip number is sended to the no-ip.com
 server and saved at their database.

You would have an entry for the fixed server like that:
me=0.0.0.0:1736
# The 0.0.0.0 works when you have just one CIPE interface running
# if it's not the case, use the fixed ip via ip-up
peer=peer2324.no-ip.com:1737

And for the roadwarrior, fill in:

me=0.0.0.01767
peer=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1736