To: CIPE-L <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Problem with CIPE between Windows XP and Linux
From: Mariusz Drozdziel <mariusz,AT,teleaudio,DOT,com,DOT,pl>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:45:20 +0200

Hello,

        I'm new to CIPE, but after some testing I found it very nice, and I
think it will meet my needs. Everything was working great between any two
Linux machines, but now I need to connect one Windows XP machine thru VPN
Cipe, and I cannot figure out why it doesn't work. I read all the
documentation, and googled on the cipe-l archives, but still I can find
the source of the problem.

        Windows XP machine is behind NAT with static outside address (it has
no udp ports forwarded outside, so the other side has to start the
handshake). The other side is Linux. I configured cipe-2.0pre15 on Windows
and it works pretty nice until the machine is rebooted. After restart
CIPE Interface comes up, but it doesn't start the handshake. Moreover, I
cannot start the tunnel manually. When I turn off and again on the tunnel
in Control Pannel nothing happens - the machine doesn't send any UDP
datagrams to the other side. Does anybody have an idea, what is the reason
for that?

Windows CIPE: 2.0pre15
Linux CIPE: 1.5.4

Since connection works well until reboot, I think, that this problems
doesn't follow configuration errors...

        Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for my english.

--
                                                    Mariusz.

== e-mail: mariusz,AT,teleaudio,DOT,com,DOT,pl ====
http://tank.polsat.com.pl/~nova/ ==
== 2:482/52,AT,fidonet,DOT,org == gpg: 46e57e6c07c1e2d67d92
17477014d50bb2cdf245 ==