To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: CPU Usage CIPE-WIN32 Windows XP
From: bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:56:30 -0400

Hey this is cool... I'm running the service manually, from the command
line. I'm getting some very helpful debug messages printed out. I'm going
to paste them below:

C:\WINNT\system32>cipsrvr noservice
[SERVICE_MANAGER] service [CIPE] has already been started
[{419DFF92-7C74-4A70-9852-C841F5984600}] TAP started on
[\\.\{419DFF92-7C74-4A70
-9852-C841F5984600}.tap]
[BMC] Is using a BLOWFISH encryptor
[BMC] peer started on adapter [CIPE6]
[JOB HANDLER] Starting [c:\cipe\cipe-up.bat]. 1 items in queue
[JOB HANDLER] Task [c:\cipe\cipe-up.bat] finished
[BMC] Sending CT_PING message
[{419DFF92-7C74-4A70-9852-C841F5984600}] Generating ARP entry for
[BMC:192.168.5
.1]

At the point somewhere at or after the message "sendint CT_PING" message,
the service jumps to 100%CPU Utilization.

After about 15 minutes, I look back at the screen and its printed the
following, about 20 times.
<some guid> generating ARP entry for [BMC:192.168.5.1]

I'm going to head to my other server site. I'd like to debug between my
laptop and the other server and see what results I get then.

--Brad
BMC Lansing
517-485-1732
800-877-1732

                      Damion Wilson

                      <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>         To:
bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com

                                               cc:
cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

                      09/17/2003 10:33         Subject:  Re: CPU Usage
CIPE-WIN32 Windows XP
                      AM

There are a few workarounds for the service start order (see the mailing
list
archives) but the ethernet link state one baffles me. I've had CIPE running

while deliberately unplugging the network cable and simultaneously pinging
across the link.

Can you try running the service manually (with cipsrvr console) and force
the
problem to happen, so that you can read the messages that the service emits
?

DKW