To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: cipe tunnel between 2 dyn ip hosts
From: Gyorsok Istvan <gyorsok,AT,freemail,DOT,hu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:52:24 +0200

Hi everyone!

I ran over the archived posts of cipe, but somehow did not find the solution for my problem.

I have 2 hosts, each of them connecting to the net via a DSL link, which every 24 hours changes its ip number.
I do have dynamix dns on both of them, which updates in about 1 minute after the address change.
I can easily set up a cipe link between the 2 hosts using the dynamic dns's, and all runs well, until one of them changes ip.
After that, the other end gets lost, and the cipe link never comes back online.
I tried using the ping option, and the maxerr -1, but all i get is that the end, that had the ip address change
notices, that its address changed, but the other end seems to ignore the packets coming form the new address.
(At least that's what I think what happens.)

I tried pkcipe, and a script that fires upon ip change, but I end up with 2 tunnels,
one working, the other not, and routing completly screwed up.

Is there a solution for that?

Thx,
Istvan