To: Hans Steegers <steegers,AT,steegers,DOT,nl>
Subject: Re: CIPE RH linux + Windows 2000 routing problem
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:38:31 +1000
Cc: CIPE-list <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

Hans Steegers wrote:

My guess: the problem is the netmask of the cipcb0 interface on the linux
gateway:

Three possible solutions:
1. Give the cipcb0 interface on the linux gateway a proper netmask
255.255.255.0
OR:
2. Give the cipcb0 interface the same address/mask as eth1
OR:
3. Give the cipcb0 interface an address outside of the LAN subnet.

I had trouble setting up a configuration between Win32 and Linux when using CIPE IP addresses that were on the same subnet as the linux network end. However, I had other problems with that particular setup which may have caused the problem instead of the ip address on the same subnet - haven't spent the time to confirm or deny it yet...

Fil