To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: RE: What do you guys think about this?
From: Rod Boyce <rod_boyce,AT,stratexnet,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:34:55 +1200

I don't very often respond to this kind of stuff.  When I think of Linux and
VPN I consider Linux my Swiss army knife of VPN stuff.  If I want a think
VPN then works over UDP/IP with good enough encryption for my needs I choose
CIPE.  If I need to connect to a window network with an existing PPTP VPN
then I use the PPTP client.  If I want temporary tunnels between Linux end
points that I use SSH.  I have never need any thing else.  CIPE is the best
and easiest to set up permanent VPN I have ever come across the fact that is
works well over the internet with any special route configuration is great
in my opinion.
When I evaluate these kind of technologies I set up a complete test
environment, perform many simple test and make an informed decision.

This is what I do and for my and my customers needs CIPE is the best
permanent VPN I have test out.

Regards,
Rod Boyce