To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: What do you guys think about this?
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:38:00 +1000

rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br wrote:

Russ,

I don't know, the Cryptography maillist is a very well known one, sponsored by the MIT, and maybe there is some interest on this list to see sparks rising, and a little bruhaha echoing out there.

IMHO, we better wait for Olaf to deal first with it - if he is
interested/concerned/have time to that.

Agreed. I think there's probably a lot of users on the list who don't really know that much about security/crypto stuff and are likely to get scared off by this...if even for their sake we need to deal with the claims (however childish or right/wrong they may be). After all that was the reason for the original post - someone needed some ammunition to fight the battle with his boss to (presumably) keep his CIPE connection.

I'd love to contribute to resolve the issues (if any) but don't know enough about the whole crypt thing either - I'd get people even more confused.....

BTW, thanks for a great tool Olaf and DKW and other contributors.....

Fil