To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: CRC32 - thoughts on Gutmann response
From: Harald Koch <chk,AT,pobox,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:09:52 -0400

[ Finally, a technical discussion! >:]

> I am however pleading for a reasonable view - if you are clever enough to
> toggle bits in the CRC and the IP length and IP csum and the TCP csum and
> still keep the TCP stream in step then there are any number of three letter
> agencies who would employ you immediately!

This doesn't require any cleverness these days; the detailed techniques
are all published. A little research with Google and some C programming
knowledge are all that is required...

--
Harald Koch <chk,AT,pobox,DOT,com>    http://blog.cfrq.net/chk/

Save the whales! Feed the homeless! Free the mallocs!