To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: CIPE Critique - a little encouragement...
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:09:16 +1000

Wow, what a great discussion ensued yesterday!! If nothing else, we owe Peter a thanks for sparking it - it's been great to read some honest and open opinions/thoughts on the matter. As is the case with all non-face-to-face communication, some (if not a lot) previous responses were misinterpreted. So let me encourage us all (I use the term "us" rather loosely - I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area, especially compared to others who have contributed) to keep this discussion going as it is now really starting to benefit the CIPE community.

So:
- let's keep it going and fix the noted issues, and prove the OS concept....
- I've said it before, and I'll say it again: regardless of what issues there are with CIPE, thanks to Damion and Olaf for making a great tool that has served us all well so far
- thanks to everyone who has contributed to the discussion so far (some of them were not quick notes - eg Jake Appelbaum)

Fil