To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
From: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:49:08 +0200

I think that the arguments for splitting the list are valid.
Unless there are severe objections, I'll create two new mailing lists:

 cipe-linux-user
 cipe-linux-devel
   @lists.sourceforge.net.

(One of the downsides of the SF mailing list system is that we can't
join a user list with, say, a cipe-win32-user list, but I don't think
this is too big a problem.)

I don't know if it is easily possible to transfer the whole user base
at once to the new lists, neither if this is desirable. But I think
when/if there are new lists, this one will be shut down in foreseeable
future (reducing the list management effort required from me...)

Olaf