To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Problem to set up cipe through ppp0
From: "Daniel Wild" <cipemails,AT,vde,DOT,uni-saarland,DOT,de>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:55:37 +0200

I've found the problem. I've searched it since last week.
My Problem the SuSE start script. (in German: SuSE ist einfach verknaupt )
It searches a route to the peer host only through the devices, which are
specified in /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-xxx
All other devices are ignored by SuSE.
Now I tried to copy ifcfg-eth0 in ifcfg-ppp0 and change the subnet and IP in
ifcfg-ppp0.
And now it works. I don't know why ip-up had made problems too, maybe SuSE
has changed somthing in there too. I'll find it out.
And the SuSE start script breaks without anny logging in /etc/var/messages
or cipe.log

Thank you Christoph, your question about the routes in ip-up has waked the
right idea.

Daniel

> Daniel Wild wrote...
>
> > I have a problem to set up a tunnel through my ppp0. I hope this is the
> > right place for asking such installation problems.
>
> Surely.
>
> > My /etc/cipe/options:
>
> Looks well.
>
> > ptpaddr         192.168.203.40
> > ipaddr          192.168.203.2
> > debug
> >
> > # my UDP address. Note: if you set port 0 here, the system will pick
> > # one and tell it to you via the ip-up script. Same holds for IP
0.0.0.0.
> > me              80.131.100.249:41001
>
> Since you get dynamic IPs from your provider you'll have to change that
> every day. You'd better enter "0.0.0.0:41001" there.
>
> > # mtu     1492
>
> No need to play with mtu - at least for me cipe manged to find a suitable
> one.
>
> > If I start cipe, he searches the peer host, prompt a few points after it
> > an means, no route to host, like this:
> > server:~ # /etc/init.d/cipe start
> > Starting CIPE daemon
> > for peer 134.96.3.26................  Error: No route to peer.
skipped