Subject: Re: Connecting two networks through two linuxservers with lots of winXP-clients on each side ... :/
From: "Benjamin E. Schallar" <smarty,AT,schallar,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:10:06 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for the fast and helpful answer :)

This would mean adding a default gateway at each windowsXP-machine
(which already existed) directing to Server A or B respectively,
but - and that's what's new for me, and amazed me,
for I never thought of that option - with 'metrics'-bits configured
to 16 to have 192.168.x.x routed to
the gateway ... if I understood that 'the right way'(tm).

(For WinXP: NIC-properties, TCP/IP, Advanced, 'add gateway',
IP for gateway and unclick the default metrics and put '16'
into that textbox?)

If that?s what you meant, the solution is really way easier than
I previously thought it would be :)

Thanks again,
 - Benjamin<happier-now>&