To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: general config help needed
From: Rob Nelson <rnelson,AT,internoc,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:26:01 -0600 (CST)

ok , I rtfmmed all day so far, and to no avail. I am apparently missing
somehing pretty simple.

I am trying to connect a remote host to a static public server, and don't
understand what I'm supposed to set the me/peer and ipaddr/ptpaddr
combinations to. The network is as follows

192.168.0.4------192.168.0.1/192.168.DHCP======192.168.200.1====INET==X.Y.Z.A
workstation         linux router (cable modem)     ISP 1sthop         server
(linux)                NAT                          NAT               linux
cipe                                                                  cipe
X.Y.Z.A is a publicly addressed (static) machine.

My syslog keeps saying that cipcb0 on the workstation has a looped route.
I pass no traffic from the workstation to the server. I can of course
reach it via normaly IP via the linux router.

Further, it is my intent (if I can get this up and running) to set up
another workstation (on a different private net) to connect to the same
server, and then build another tunnel between the two workstations. Will
this work. If not, does anyone know what would?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rob Nelson
rnelson,AT,internoc,DOT,com