To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:03:13 -0000

Not sure how many other people are actually still on this list since it's
traffic has vanished, but I think I can give a possible answer.  The line

[(untitled)] Can't bind to port [3924]

gives alot away.  The thing to check is that you don't have something else
already using that port.  Either try changing the port (easiest), or use

netstat -an

to list all sockets, open and listening (not too bad) or download and use a
tool to examine which ports are open and by which process.  These latter two
are informative and don't fix the problem.  If something is using the port,
either you need to free the port, or change this one.  Bit obvious, I know,
but still worth mentioning.

Having said all that, the most likely cause is that you're running more than
one tunnel on the same port.  This seems to be a common misunderstanding -
with the current version, each tunnel must run to a unique endpoint.

Hope this helps,

--
Mark Smith - Avco Systems Ltd
email: mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk