To: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Subject: Re: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: Rob Nelson <rnelson,AT,internoc,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:55:30 -0600 (CST)
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

could you send me the registry entries that are made? or tell me where I
need to look?

I am about ready to put a fresh install of windows on a fresh drive,
install nothing but an ethernet driver, and cipe, and would like to be
able to verify that all of the magic is correctly placed.

I do not really understand windows like I do unix, but I am certain that
something is not configured correctly in the installation. (as opposed to
the peer config).

The instructions seemed either vague, or really simple. If they were
really simple, I can't understand what might have gone wrong. If the
instructions were vague, I must have missed something. Please confirm this

(win2ksp4 build 5.00.2195)

Unzip files
Install cipe adapter driver via hardware wizard
edit cipe adapter IP config info
edit cipe peer confg via control panel
 - (should be up and running?)
check service, start if necessary
 - (error messages here)
   here I reboot with cipsrvr disabled/manual and star cipsrvr console
   as the first process other than cmd or bash to get a cli.
   I only get the already started/unable to bind message
   I get the already stopped message if I try to stop it (before or after
    the above)

One other question: How does one properly deinstall the cipe _service_? I
did not get it to disappear from the Service manager list.

Thanks! If there are any other data from my config that would help
determine what the trouble is, I am grateful to provide.

netstat -an shows that sockets are available on the ethernet interface as
well as the cipe interface, but no socket for the cipe daemon itself.