To: Rob Nelson <rnelson,AT,internoc,DOT,net>
Subject: Re: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: Carsten Emde <ce,AT,ceag,DOT,ch>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:57:53 +0100
Cc: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>, cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Rob,

Unzip files
Install cipe adapter driver via hardware wizard
I think you MUST reboot here, even if Windows 2k erroneously does not ask you to do so (XP, however, does).

edit cipe adapter IP config info
edit cipe peer confg via control panel
 - (should be up and running?)
The cipe service is normally running when you are done with the control panel.

One other question: How does one properly deinstall the cipe _service_? I
did not get it to disappear from the Service manager list.
Set do "Manual" and not manually started has the same effect as if it had not been installed.

I just wanted to propose to deinstall and reinstall TCP/IP (e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299451) to solve your problem but a fresh Windows installation is even better. I am sure it will work.

Carsten.