To: Rob Nelson <rnelson,AT,internoc,DOT,net>
Subject: Re: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: Carsten Emde <ce,AT,ceag,DOT,ch>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:49:45 +0100
Cc: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>, cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Rob,

One other question: How does one properly deinstall the cipe _service_? I
did not get it to disappear from the Service manager list.
Set do "Manual" and not manually started has the same effect as if it
had not been installed.
No. Registry entries still exist and the service still appears in the
service manager list (as manual or disabled or whatever)
Okay, it *appears* in the list but this is all it does. I am pretty sure that appearing in the list does no harm...

I am unfortunately not really a c-programmer, or I would dig deeper. I
will read the code nonetheless; where to look?
It's not needed. Simply reinstall. There are hundreds of CIPE installations out there that work without any problem every day. Yours will as well.

Carsten.