To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Quake 3 with cipe
From: Richard Gregory <R.Gregory,AT,liverpool,DOT,ac,DOT,uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:00:53 +0000

Erm yes, that is why the third paragraph of my original message said this:
Some background... Quake does most of its communications using UDP port 27960. The game server sends packets out representing the current state of the game at a rate of around 25 per second, ~100 bytes each to port 27960. The clients send back packets representing the users actions, at around the same rate, size and the same UPD port.

As you can see, this isn't TCP at all, it is basic UDP. So why does XP/Q3 create those extra packets??

Richard

|    Computer Science, Room G34     |
|  http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg   |
| Electrical Engineering, Room ~104 |