To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:44:12 -0500

The bottom line is that the same problems keep coming up. The win32
software isn't being upgraded, and as I said months ago, it appears to have
been abandoned for over a year now.

I had the same troubles in win32. I gave it a shot. It failed. it's beta.
And it will be until someone starts fixing these recurring problems in the
win32 version. You can keep checking everything in windows, but the real
problem is that the win32 cipe driver is unstable.

--Brad

|         |           "Mark Smith"       |
|         |           <mark.smith@avcosys|
|         |           tems.co.uk>        |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           owner-cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,d|
|         |           e                  |
|         |           12/09/2003 06:00 AM|

Rob Nelson wrote:

> it is a fairly arbitrary number, the box has (see my note) )_just_ been
> booted and there are no connections. This message I have seen from
> different  people, with various port numbers

Have you verified that it's not another instance of CIPE itself running, by
using netstat or any other tool?  I can recommend SysInternals' TCPVIEW
(freely downloadable from www.sysinternals.com) if you want extended
information about listening and connected sockets.

The only other reason that springs to mind is that the value you've set in
"Local IP Address" is not a valid address, and thus fails to bind.  Are you
able to try different values, or failing that post a summary of your client
configuration?

Hope this helps,

--
Mark Smith - Avco Systems Ltd
email: mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk