To: Mike Gende <mgende,AT,gendesign,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Win 2000 Cipe Question....
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:04:18 -0400
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

When you are pinging, I presume that you are using the CIPE adapter's
assigned
IP addresses.

Make sure that the netmask for the CIPE adapter allows the packet for the
destination address to go that way. CIPE-Win32 acts like an Ethernet
interface, so the two peer addresses must be on the same subnet. CIPE on
Linux uses point to point semantics, so it doesn't care that the two
addresses are on different subnets.

I didn't answer right away because I took a vacation without the laptop. This
appeared to make the wife happier for some reason.

DKW