To: Tanel Kindsigo <tanel,AT,kivilinn,DOT,tartu,DOT,ee>
Subject: Re: DDK environment under XP
From: Carsten Emde <ce,AT,ceag,DOT,ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:57:51 +0100
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Tanel,

well, it seems there's no FREE DDK environment available for XP. So I
guess I can't compile Cipe under XP if I will not order it from Microsoft?
Yes, there is a $15 handling fee you pay to Microsoft to get the DDK. If
you do not want to buy anything from Microsoft, why are you using
Windows - or even why do you want to compile under Windows? Was your
Windows compiler free?

Why don't you spread precompiled packages? Against the licence rulez?
We are distributing all binary files required to run CIPE. And, BTW, we
are serious - our rules such as the GPL are rules not rulez.

Carsten.