To: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Subject: Re: cipe-win32 service fails to start
From: bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:25:14 -0500
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

In the coming months, I will be responsible for unifying our company's IP
network with the network at each of our branch locations. I really like
CIPE's features, and I would like to use it for the backbone... When time
permits, I'll put together a test lab to test CIPE32. At that time I'll
work in close contact of this list and report any problems that arise, and
with any luck we can work through it this time!

--Brad

                      Damion Wilson

                      <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>         To:
bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com

                                               cc:

                      12/18/2003 10:02         Subject:  Re: cipe-win32
service fails to start
                      AM

Aha ! You should have emailed me.

The issue with the network adapters is very strange because the CIPE
adapter
software doesn't do anything with PCI or share any facility with actual
hardware adapters. Did you try running the machines with the CIPE adapter
loaded but not running the service ? That will show if the problem is
really
the driver, which in normal circumstances doesn't interfere with other
machine functions. I will need more particulars about your setup as this
discussion continues because I haven't had a CIPE setup (Win32 or Linux)
that
didn't eventually work.

The source code is in the distribution in complete (I mean really complete)

form. You have everything that I have minus what Microsoft says that I
can't
redistribute (DDK, SDK, Visual C++). I'm working on a kit for installing
everything after Visual C++ so that people can go straight to compiling the

suite if they want with minimum hassle (It's really for me because I keep
having to reinstall my development setup for some reason).

On Thursday 18 December 2003 09:15 am, bhein,AT,bmc-pos,DOT,com wrote:
> Damion, I gave it a shot a couple of months ago. I devoted several weeks
> trying to get it to work, stably on my laptop and on a Win2kServer box.
In