To: Mark Smith <mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Subject: Re: Win 2000 Cipe Question....
From: Mike Gende <mgende,AT,gendesign,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:45:24 -0600
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Hey Mark,

I had just typed a long dissertation on our set up when we started the
'cipsrvr
console' program from the Run screen to include its output. After doing that,
the
interface came up. Hallelujah!!

I'm not sure if I feel happy or more like a dummy. But, I'm glad it works.

So, I had thought that since the Win2000 system showed the interface as
'enabled'
that Win32 Cipe was actually up and working. I don't remembe reading that one
had
to run cipsrvr console to get this going, but obviously I need to revisit the
'readme' file.  I was so sure our config had to be in error that I didn't
consider making sure Cipe was started. Duh.

So, now that it's working (grinning like an idiot) any suggestions on how to
have
Cipe start automatically when I fire up the Aircard 555 (our modem card) to
the
Internet?

Thanks for the input,

Mike