To: Richard Gregory <R.Gregory,AT,liverpool,DOT,ac,DOT,uk>
Subject: RE: Quake 3 with cipe
From: Rod Boyce <rod_boyce,AT,stratexnet,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:37:53 -0800
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

It has been a very long time since I did any of this and I have replying in
a public forum so that I can be corrected and you will get the right answer
in the end.  But the route for your CIPE interface need to have the actual
cost (metric) associated against it not the default cost of 1.

if I remember correctly something like
# route <NETWORK ADDRESS> netmask <NET MASK> gw CIPE? metric <number of hops
to network>

look in the man pages of route for the metric option.

I don't know if this is going to help Q3 of windows you might have to ask
about running Q3 over a VPN in the Q3 forums.

Regards,
Rod

PS where this information is wrong hopefully somebody will correct this
information.