To: zulu99,AT,gmx,DOT,de, cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: RE: No route to peer
From: SBNelson,AT,thermeon,DOT,com
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 07:05:50 -0800

> I try to use CIPE with SUSE 8.2 and ADSL. Before this I used it with
> ISDN and it was fine....
> But now I get a error message when I start the daemon:
> for peer xy  Error: No route to peer....
> I hope somebody can help me....
>
> THX Michael

My guess is that CIPE is starting before you have finished connecting to
your ISP, therefore you don't have a default route.

If you are using PPPoE, I would suggest that you start CIPE after pppd is
started.  I don't know SUSE so I don't know if there is a place provided to
do that, but you should be able to edit the /etc/ppp/ip-up script to start
ciped-cb (instead of having it start automatically).  You probably should
edit the ip-down script to stop CIPE too.