To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Boosting CIPE-Win32 service priority
From: Ian Pilcher <i.pilcher,AT,comcast,DOT,net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:30:07 -0600

I am using CIPE-Win32 2.0-pre15 on a Windows 2000 laptop.  I run WinVNC
on the laptop and connect to it, via the VPN, from my Fedora Core 1
desktop system.  (Instant docking station!)

VNC has been significantly more sluggish over the VPN that it was over
the underlying network, and the service has crashed or hosed itself to
the point that a reboot was required on a couple of occassions.  I
finally figured out how to run the Windows Task Manager with "system"
authority, which allowed me to increase the priority of cipsrvr.exe to
"high".  Thus far, VNC has been significantly more responsive.

Does anyone know of way to permanently boost the priority of the
service?

Also, is anyone maintaining CIPE-Win32?  It doesn't seem to have been
updated in a *long* time.

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher
i.pilcher,AT,comcast,DOT,net