To: Mike Gende <mgende,AT,gendesign,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Boosting CIPE-Win32 service priority
From: Ian Pilcher <i.pilcher,AT,comcast,DOT,net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 05:08:12 -0600
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Mike Gende wrote:
Sorry, can't help you with VNC. We use it as well and just put up with the
lag.
In our case, it's only used in emergencies.

Have you tried boosting the CIPE-Win32 priority? Once you've tried it, you won't be able to go back. At a Windows command prompt (with Administrator access) type:

at <time> /interactive taskmgr

<time> is the current type plus 1 minute.  Once the clock ticks over,
the Task Manager will pop up, running with System authority.  You can
use this to adjust the priority of the cipsrvr.exe process.  Personally,
I'm partial to "High".

Take a look at the recent posts (are they not archived on the cipe site?). I
just
had a long "go round" on the same set up as you. The author is alive, well,
and
working. Helped me get my set up running (with others).

Damion was kind enough to send me a note confirming that fact. Nice to know I'm not investing all this time in a dead-end project.

Ian Pilcher
i.pilcher,AT,comcast,DOT,net