To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Speed Question
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:32:25 -0500

Bruce Sackett wrote:
I am running into what appears to be some slow connections across multiple CIPE connections. Ping rates are extremely good, but data transfer across these connections is reportedly very slow. Most transfers across these connections are SQL queries and responses at this point, with some file transfers. In many cases these queries are quite large, or are many many small ones.

Any possible suggestions as to what I can check on this, or settings/options I should look at?

I had a similar problem with Samba & NFS a few months ago. The Samba problem was cured with the "interfaces" option in smb.conf. I never did get the NFS problem resolved.

Use a line similar to interfaces = 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 in the
global section of smb.conf.  In this example, I specify my notebook's
ethernet & vpn address ranges.  This is necessary, because Samba
normally uses only broadcast capable interfaces and CIPE isn't one.