To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Speed Question
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:09:41 -0500

Dick St.Peters wrote:
James Knott writes:

Bruce Sackett wrote:

I am running into what appears to be some slow connections across multiple CIPE connections. Ping rates are extremely good, but data transfer across these connections is reportedly very slow. Most transfers across these connections are SQL queries and responses at this point, with some file transfers. In many cases these queries are quite large, or are many many small ones.

Any possible suggestions as to what I can check on this, or settings/options I should look at?

I had a similar problem with Samba & NFS a few months ago. The Samba problem was cured with the "interfaces" option in smb.conf. I never did get the NFS problem resolved.

Most NFS over CIPE problems can be solved by using the NFS mount
options "wsize=1024,rsize=1024".  This makes NFS use read and write
sizes small enough to fit into a single CIPE packet.  By default it
uses read/write sizes large enough to require fragmented NFS packets
that sprawl across multiple CIPE packets.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters,AT,NetHeaven,DOT,com

I'll have to give that a try.

tnx