To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: looping messages
From: Richard Schaal <richschaal,AT,netscape,DOT,net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:10:44 -0700

I'm looking at these three looping messages and seeing that what they have in common is a CC of the list.

Usually, I think the messages are sent TO the list.

This might be a majordomo bug. My guess is that majordomo isn't building a new mail header without the CC line, so the remailer
goes ahead and sends another copy back to the list engine.

If someone on the list is a PERL expert, they can probably see what is going on by retrieving the majordomo source for 1.94.5 from
www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/

- Richard