To: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: [Announce] CIPE 1.6.0 released.
From: Adrian Snyman <adrians,AT,turnkey,DOT,web,DOT,za>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:07:34 +0200
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 21:15, Olaf Titz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've finally found time to package an 1.6.0 release.
> This now runs under Linux 2.6 as well as earlier kernels, and it uses
> the kernel crypto API if configured so (which means it can use other
> ciphers than the builtin one, but unfortunately the protocol is still
> limited to ciphers of 64 bit block size).
> This should be fully compatible with earlier versions.
>
> Available at the usual location and via sourceforge.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Olaf

Sounds great !!

A question .. I am not too sure whether there are docs covering this ..

In South Africa, we now have ADSL available to our houses, at the equivalent
of around $ 100-00 a month for 512/128 ..
The problem is that the telecommunications company (hooray for monopoly) ..
decided that your ip address will NOT be static .. so each day they drop the
connection, and renew your IP ..

Given that leased lines run at +- $ 500-00 /mo for 64k, we are looking at
trying to use a VPN solution over ADSL ..

So, will this version support both servers having dynamic ip's ??
We basically have a dynamic DNS service available, so we can do DNS lookups
get/update the host address ..

--
Regards,
Adrian Snyman

/* Beat Me, Whip Me, Make me use Windows !! */