To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: [Announce] CIPE 1.6.0 released.
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:43:04 -0400

Adrian Snyman wrote:
So, will this version support both servers having dynamic ip's ??
We basically have a dynamic DNS service available, so we can do DNS lookups to get/update the host address ..

As long as you have a consistent host name, you can use CIPE. Even though my IP is dhcp, my host name never changes and can be used to find the current IP. In practice it's not necessary to do even that, because with my ISP, dhcp addresses are virtually static.

Incidentally, if you're using Linux as your firewall, you can run a script whenever the IP changes. This can be used to send an e-mail, with the new IP etc.