To: 'Adrian Snyman' <adrians,AT,turnkey,DOT,web,DOT,za>, 'Olaf Titz' <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: [Announce] CIPE 1.6.0 released.
From: "Tony Langdon (ATC)" <tlangdon,AT,atctraining,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:35:52 +1000
Cc: "'cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de'" <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

> So, will this version support both servers having dynamic
> ip's ?? We basically have a dynamic DNS service available, so
> we can do DNS lookups to
> get/update the host address ..

I'm doing this on older versions right now.  I set CIPE up for dynamic IP
address, set the local address to something that doesn't change and the
remote IP address to the static hostname.  Works for me.  The local IP will
get corrected by CIPE once the link is established.

For this to work, dynamic DNS is a must, as you've already worked out.