To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: kernel 2.6.7 kernel oops and panic
From: Sascha Wuestemann <sascha,AT,killerhippy,DOT,de>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:04:37 +0100

Hi,

I have searched the archive, but there is no solution, yet.
Nevertheless I am reporting this for the records.

I have kernel 2.6.8 at machine (A) and kernel 2.6.7 at (B) with cipe
version 1.6.0.

I have had no problems with compiling and at (A) I have no problems with
the module nor the daemon nor with pinging.

But (B) has problems. After succesfully loading the cipc module,
starting the daemon with
        /usr/local/sbin/ciped-c -o /etc/cipe/options
I get a kernel oops, though the device cipc0 is up and the net route is
established.

Pinging at (B) the local cipc ip address works well, but when pinging the
remote cipc ip address at (A) I get a kernel panic due to an interrupt
exception.

(A) is a debian/testing and (B) gentoo.

I am working on testing different kernel configs in the hope, that this
is the reason for the problem. If so, I will report again.

...BTW: I have found at the archives that the developers are not
interested in developing and debugging cipe for 2.6.* kernels - Is this
still true?

cu
Sascha