To: "'Doug Milns'" <doug.milns,AT,icomweb,DOT,net>,<cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: Device or Resource busy on reconnect.
From: "Edwin Boonenburg" <eboonenburg,AT,roax,DOT,nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:20:45 +0100

Hi Doug,

Please check route-table (cmd:  /sbin/route )
Some times you cannot detach a device if it is in use bij some program or
protocol.

You could test for transmission over a interface with something like:
/usr/sbin/tcpdump -i <interface> <src|dst> host ip<-number>

You can remove de kernel-module after you have:
- stopped programms using the 'protocol' or link,
- removed routes,
- detached devices.

succes,

...BUT, conserning my problem:

do you use any specific compile options ??
eq. what do you use as :
- gcc compiler,
- SMP support ??

best regards,