To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: CIPE server for 100's of CIPE links?
From: "Eric M. Hopper" <hopper,AT,omnifarious,DOT,org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 07:57:14 -0800
Cc: Andreas Billmeier <b,AT,edevau,DOT,net>

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 09:32 +0100, Andreas Billmeier wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:06:59 -0500
> Brad Parker <brad,AT,heeltoe,DOT,com> wrote:
>
> > Now I have a VPN application where I have potentially 100's of remote
> > sites which could connect.  The remote devices are small embedded
> > systems without a lot of resources.
>
> Hi,
>
> what kind of "small embedded remote devices" do you (plan to) use ?
> I am looking for something like this since 1/2 Year.

Amazon has a system like this right now.  I have a small box with two
ethernet ports and a wireless card.  It runs Linux.  It's powered by a
USB cable.  It uses IPSEC to set up a VPN to Amazon corporate.  It uses
NAT-T to encapsulate IPSEC inside of UDP packets, so it's just as good
at getting through firewalls as CIPE is.

I believe that the devices were custom manufactured for us by Cisco.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton