To: sven-ola,AT,gmx,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Cipe 1.6 on openwrt ?
From: Andreas Billmeier <b,AT,edevau,DOT,net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:05:18 +0100
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

> .. in the OpenWRT forum
> First thing to look for is the depends (see
> http://openwrt.alphacore.net/Packages) - it lists libssl (which > >
> normally means you have to install 1.2 Mb of openssl.

reHi sven-ola,

...finally did it, openwrt router is working properly,

but you were right,
the precompiled cipe.ipk package has an unneccessary dependency to openssl,
it seems to use it only generating a ueless key for the democonfig. if you
don´t install openssl, an ingorable error is printed by the installscript.

over all, setting up this ASUS WL-500 box was much easier as i expected,
after flashing the base with tfpt (1 Minute incl unpacking), i had to install:

cipe_1.6.0_mipsel.ipk
ip_2.0_mipsel.ipk
kmod-cipcb_2.4.20_mipsel.ipk
pppoecd_1.0_mipsel.ipk for german dsl
zlib_1.1.4-1_mipsel.ipk
I packed ntp & cipe startup in the existing fw-script.

dnat & state-inspection was already done by default, i added two ipt-rules
for the cipe channel, a static route into the vpn, threw the telnet server´s
startup away, ready.

after spending 20 minutes debugging with the openssh server, i threw it away
and installed dropbear_0.44-1_mipsel.ipk as a lightweight replacement.

I cleaned up the scripts a litte, putting all cipe and vpn parameters in the
nvram for easier reproduction.

Including the 20 minutes i wasted on openssh, the whole thing took me less
than an hour, must say without the wifi-stuff, i have no use for it now,
thinking about buying a box without, but this one was the cheapest meeting my
requirements, much cheaper than the first without a wifi-chip.

the flash now has enough space left for a comlete openvpn with openssl ;-)
installation.

A nice additional feature is the vlan capability of the integrated switch,
who knows, perhaps useable in future.

ys
\B.