To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Kernel oops on Suse 9.1
From: Timur Tabi <timur,AT,tabi,DOT,org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:24:04 -0500

Timur Tabi wrote:
I see from the archives I'm not the only one with this problem. Here's the kernel panic I get. Fortunately, I'm a Linux driver developer by day, so I'm going to try debugging this.

Ok, the fix was to turn off register parameters, which I discovered by chance reading the archive. Why isn't this information documented in the README or something? Better yet, why doesn't 'configure' detect that the option is on, and tell me that it needs to be turned off?