To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Kernel oops on Suse 9.1
From: Sascha Wuestemann <sascha,AT,killerhippy,DOT,de>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:03:40 +0200

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 07:24:04AM -0500 or thereabouts, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Timur Tabi wrote:
> >I see from the archives I'm not the only one with this problem.  Here's
> >the kernel panic I get.  Fortunately, I'm a Linux driver developer by
> >day, so I'm going to try debugging this.
>
> Ok, the fix was to turn off register parameters, which I discovered by
> chance reading the archive.  Why isn't this information documented in the
> README or something?  Better yet, why doesn't 'configure' detect that the
> option is on, and tell me that it needs to be turned off?

maybe the developers need "Feature request" key word to grep the right
mail? :-)

Hi,

currently I am (slowly) detecting, how _my_ kernel oops come.

I have immediately oops at gentoo kernel v2.6.8-rc4 and random oops at
2.4.28-gentoo-r8, too, and 2.6.x kernels in between. Maybe hardware related,
maybe not, I am still not shure.

Currently I am building a parallel system to have alternate hardware to
compare.

don't expect a further note too soon, because my time is little to look at
this, and the corresponding computers old and slow (333 and 350MHz and I do
insist to have it run at gentoo ...)

cu
Sascha