To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Framing Errors?
From: "mgende" <mgende,AT,gendesign,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:47:45 -0400

Hey All,

Just a question to see if anyone else has seen this problem:

We've compiled Cipe into Fedora 3 (fun, as you can imagine) so we can have
remote laptops talk to an older Cipe server.

When the newer cipe talks to it's "other end" on the older system, we have a
period of 3-4 minutes where framing errors prevent the passage of data. Then,
this gets sorted out somehow and data flows. I note that when I run in "no
password" mode that I never see the problem (but then I'm unprotected,
right?). If the password was incorrect, I'd expect the tunnel to never come
up, not framing errors.

Could it be a modest compatibility problem with old and new cipe versions?
Anyone else see such a thing? Am I simply and idiot (I've been called worse)
and am missing something obvious?

Anyone's thoughts would be most appreciated.

Mike G.

Sent via the WebMail system at gendesign.com