To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Cipe 1.6.0 VPN stalled if big file are transferred
From: "Giacomo Gorgellino" <giacomo.gorgellino,AT,contisoft,DOT,it>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:23:49 +0100

I have some trouble by transferringa a 80MB file with scp between the 2
endpoint of cipe VPN on adsl link.

When I try to transfer this file, after about 1 minute the connection become
very slow and the scp transfer status after few seconds is stalled.

It stays in this status for about 30 seconds and then it return to transfer
the file for about 1 minute and then again return stalled.

Obviously, I tried also to transfer some file from the adsl directly but i
not found any trouble.

End points are:

Celeron 566 Mhz
RAM 256 (swap is never used)
kernel 2.4.29

Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
RAM 768 (swap is never used)
kernel 2.4.29

When this happened "top" command tell me that cpu usage of ciped-cb is never
over 7% and scp 3%.
Also max Cpu usage is never over 10-12%

What happened ?

-Giacomo-